About HCI Healthcare
HCI Healthcare Limited (formerly known as Healthcare International Limited) is a Health Maintenance Organisation (HMO) incorporated in 1997 and licensed by the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS) to provide quality and affordable managed care services to various strata of the Nigerian population. We are owned by some of the leading insurance companies in Nigeria namely: AIICO Insurance Plc, Cosmic Insurance Brokers, Custodian & Allied Insurance Plc, Femi Johnson & Co., Lasaco Assurance Plc, NICON Insurance Corporation, Niger Insurance Plc, and OMIS Investment Ltd.
HCI Healthcare Limited was conceived out of patriotic concern for the millions of Nigerians who lacked access to affordable health services coupled with the inherent challenges facing both hospitals and companies providing medical services to employees under the platform of retainership arrangement. The objective was to create a system that would address the pathetic circumstance and thus improve the health status of Nigerians in the process.
In 1999, the Company commenced full operation and in the same year the NHIS Act was signed into law and we were among the first batch of eight HMOs accredited to kick-off the Formal Sector programme of the Federal Government under which we manage about 24 government ministries and parastatals some of which include Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC), Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS), Code of Conduct Bureau (CCB), and some Federal Medical Centres (FMCs) across the country.
We have since grown in leaps and bounds as we now provide services to about 450 private companies and 500,000 members drawn from various sectors of the Nigerian economy and enrolled under our various Private Health Insurance Plans. These services are through over 3,000 accredited Healthcare Providers which include Clinics, Hospitals, Teaching Hospitals, Diagnostic Centres, Physiotherapy clinics, Dental and Optical Centres.
To be the best health maintenance organisation (HMO) in Africa delivering quality healthcare services efficiently to meet the need of our subscribers and healthcare providers.
To provide quality managed healthcare services backed by first class customer care and delivered with warmth to build lifelong relationships.
HCI Healthcare HMO – Core Values
- Quality Service
Our services are suitable for Individuals, Organizations and Association. We guarantee peace of mind and value for money as our team of experienced staff ensure quality assurance oversight and support always. Our watch-word is Quality Service, Integrity and Efficiency.
- +What is Managed Care?
- Managed Care is a healthcare system which allows the enrollee (you) pay a small amount of money in exchange for access to defined but robust range of medical services in a network of hospitals at moderate costs. The cost is properly monitored by a managing company (us) to ensure best service delivery by the hospital at affordable rates. It involves the pooling of financial resources as well as sharing of risks by all parties. The services we render ensure cost effective medical services, however not compromising on quality care to the enrollees.
The Managed Care system ensures compliance by both the managing company and hospitals who co-sign contracts for mutually beneficial business relationships. The monthly payment of a prepaid fee to the hospital, on behalf of our enrollees guarantees access at their hospital of choice whenever there is the need for medical care.
- +Advantages of Managed Care
- 24hours access to quality medical (general and specialist) care for registered enrollees based on plan type.
- Pre-payment means no out-of-pocket payments at the point of need for covered services which guarantee predictability of medical budget.
- Easy access to a wide range of medical services such as laboratory & diagnostic investigations, drugs & medications, hospital admission, optical, dental, gynecology, neurology and other chronic conditions.
- Availability of preventive healthcare services and management of enrollees with chronic health challenges such as hypertension, diabetes, etc.
- Provision of ambulance services (in conjunction with our network of hospitals) for easy and fast evacuation when required.
- Nationwide treatment for accidents and emergencies.
- No exorbitant billing or extortion on medical treatments (we protect our enrollees).
- Proper monitoring of medical care received by our enrollees through on site regular visits by our medical team to the hospitals